Fiber Optic Technician
This opening is for an experienced fiber optic technician. This person will responsible for optical connector assembly, termination of various configurations of fiber optic cable assemblies, and testing of these cable assemblies. This individual will also assist in process development and resolution of problems encountered in the process of bringing new optical products from concept to market. Other duties will include providing suggestions for the simplification of new products to reduce costs and increase overall manufacturing efficiency.
The candidate must be familiar with optical manufacturing principles such as cable termination to various single fiber and multi fiber optical termini and test methods to test single mode, multi mode, and plastic optical fiber. Must also be able to work as a team member with remote sites and outside vendors. Individual is to be a self-starter and have the ability to work well under schedule pressures and be able to balance priorities as needed.
- 5 years of technical support in a fiber optic manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of industry standard environmental and mechanical performance of optical termini / connectors
- Must have good time management skills to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to use Excel and other Microsoft office products
- Auto Cad experience with tooling design background is desired but not required